Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I've been observing this rule, but I have a few more questions on this subject. I understand that the Good, Better, Best principle applies to everything.

1) Why is it bad to shower or bath? I can send Chi through the earth and to the ends of the universe by direction with my mind, why can't I control things with my mind?

2) Why can't I meditate in a comfortable pool of water? I've I'm going to be in the water and I'd rather spend the time meditating instead of reading. It's seems to me that it is a Better use of time. Not the Best format for meditation maybe, but if it is this or nothing then it seems like a good idea.

Thank you. You are perfection.
Iam2

Hi Iam2,
Good questions! I have some ideas to share regarding this. Your thoughts relate to the truth of universe, which I can only express at my current level of understanding, which is what it is, a work in progress! Some fragmented thoughts came to mind as I read your post.
In spirit, we have no limitations. In body, we do. At least I do, at the point I am at. I might not limit my belief in my potential, but I find myself, simply, where I am at, which again, is a work in progress.
I am not able, to say, levitate. I don't limit myself to thinking I can't, but, I can't, yet. I can't eat just candy, and be healthy, or, not get any sleep and be rested. These are no different than what you mention. My thoughts are fragmented on this, but the five element theory comes to mind, and the nature of the physical universe, or being in a physical body. I very casually, think of the five element theory like the paper, scissors, rock game. You know, scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock... If I take off and walk at a wall, I might be able to go through in spirit, but my body hits the wall. I don't limit myself to thinking I can't walk through, but the level I find myself at, today, would find me running into the wall. Because of this, I currently don't try! What level are you at? Can you open up, or be open in water, energetically, and not have the water get in? Can you walk through a wall or levitate? I am not saying it is not possible, and would encourage your line of thinking, but, what level are you currently at? SFQ has been given to us with guidelines. I take these guidelines as given to me, by Master Lin. Until I find myself at his level, or see this information from his level of understanding, I will use the guidelines. The most I can experience, or accomplish and practice, without limitations, is spiritual, or the spiritual aspect of me. Basing oneself in this, I think is really good. The physical part becomes less important, as far as how or what you experience. Answers, for me, come in that realm of self. The most I can do is keep basing there, and do the work. When in that state, I don't think about anything, like bathing 30 minutes after a qigong workout. Whatever wisdom or understanding I gain, it is in that state, and I in a way, bring that back with me to the physical realm. If there are changes to make, or new understandings, I trust it to come from there, as opposed to intellectual thinkings and theory. These specifics, in spirit, or in the void, don't exist. Everything is without form. Coming back to form, finds me working with form and guidelines. I am losing my focus here, as it is a heady subject. There are shades of gray between form and formless, where perhaps one is less limited by guidelines. That area of possibility, for me, still stems from time spent as formless. Whether it is the idea to do something, or an inspiration , or a plan. I want it coming from there, as opposed to intellect.
anyway... when I take a shower less than 30 minutes after a workout, I do visualize something to help compensate for going outside the guidelines. For me I just see this protective web or energy fabric within my physical form, that keeps the water out, energetically. Same when I urinate, along with lifting the heels. I just try to stay conscious, of holding in my energy(good energy). Is this happening? Either way, I find it makes more sense than doing nothing, if I find I have to break the rules. I creat something , to help, as opposed to just allowing a possible worst case scenerio. Or, I choose to be self empowered, as opposed to be subject to whatever, without power to do something myself.
I think it is great to 'relax' in a pool, or swim. I won't do small universe meditation in a pool, and for me, that isn't a goal. Neither is anything else super human. First, for me, is just being, spending time in the void, or in an expanded state of consciousness. Whatever moves me from there, or that base, just is what it is, and is the best way for me, to then make choices. I hope some of this relates to your post.
love,
gallen

Those ideas did not seem scattered to me.

I like some of the ideas you introduced to me, as well as those the echo my own thoughts.

My desire to push the limits stem from a desire to get the most I can from the time available. So many roads to travel and only two feet.

Thanks. You are prefection.
Iam2

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Iam2,

It's pretty cold down here too.

You'll find different martial arts that will have the practitioner sit in snow or under a cold mountain waterfall to test of among other things, the ability to focus, control, develop and protect their qi.

I have a personal connection piece I do with the special bodies of water I visit, whether that is in Kauai, Aruba, a private pristine pond in Ottawa(yes, I make it up to the Great White North occasionally), or even the Baptism river that flows into Lake Superior during a Level 4 retreat. It is not a deep meditation, as I have asked Chunyi about this due to my water connection.

"Do not do deep meditation in water....that is maybe in level 22", he says with a smile.

I'll let you know what's up once we have that level 22 retreat

Meanwhile enjoy the relaxation and wieghtlessness of your pool experience,

Much Love, Shawn

Great discussion here. Special thanks to Gallen for all his efforts. A lot of dots are getting connected for me.

I did some deep meditations in a hot tub for about a month while listening to the Holosync tapes (Level IV) and I became deathly tired from it. I had no energy and my brain just couldn't work.

Master Lee told me to "stay dry and get high on SFQ!"

Agent B

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved