Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 134
Member
Member

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 134
Hi SFQ Gang:

I'm finally getting the knack for this small universe and can go round and round for a full half hour now with good confidence but it was a long slow road to get here. I must say that my monkey mind took me off on many tangents and I would forget where I was and it became quite frustrating at times. For those having trouble staying the course with small universe I found doing each spot 3 times/breaths before moving on to the next was a helpful way to remember where I was and get each spot energized before going on to the next.

Ok so now when I do small universe I very quickly get this very peaceful feeling of a whirlpool at my crown (above and inside the top of my head). However if my mind does wander then quite quickly I get this strong shiver or shaking feeling that runs down one of my legs or arms. It feels like a small bolt of energy that took off down a side road.

What is going on?

Thanks in advance for your guidance,
Agent B


Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Hi Agent B,
I think you just told us what was going on!
You were there, you had the experience, it was, what it was(literally). Your meditation practice is progressing, you feel improvement, this all feels good, and natural. This energy sensation came, within this positive growth. I am thinking,,,you didn't mind this sensation, and it 'seemed' to you, perhaps, like a good thing...If so, that tells you something, and you can trust that. 'Best' thing to do, is simply continue your practice. Thank you for doing the work you are doing.
love,
gallen

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 134
Member
Member

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 134
Thanks Gallen. Do you think these shivers are trying to open up other channels or is it more like losing some steam in the main front and back channel which then needs to be re-energized again by the small universe exercise?

Do others experience this or am I a figment of my own imagination!

Agent B


Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Learning Strategies
Member
Learning Strategies
Member

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Aloha AgentB,

Yes, you are a figment of your imagination, and I , including many others have similar sensations and experiences from time to time.

To your question: /i/Both[/i] Actually, let go of your "picture" of how opening channels/releasing blockages has to look/happen and allow your body's innate wisdom and universal energy to do what it needs to do without the engineering mind wanting to know what and why -those answers will show up without having to look for them, if it's important for you to have it.

I find that being in appreciation rather than my head keeps things flowing during such events.

Much Love & warmth to you down there,

Shawn


Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Hi,
It is best, in my opinion, to just see it as energy moving and balancing, as you focus and apply yourself to this process of SFQ practice. The energy is intelligent, the system and the practice of SFQ, 'only' does good for you. The side effects are just that. Not the central deal. You moving from one state of being to another, and another , and another. It is very easy for one to crave answers for all the details. Mind stuff, intellectually wanting to get around it, and perhaps curiousity about one's own special self identity and growth. There certainly is nothing wrong with your inquirey, and bouncing things off other members is why this forum is here. I have asked many questions in my own experience of energywork. I still do, but I try to aspire to my own 'knowing', too. I am just trying to put out a concept, of a good way to pattern your practice, in terms of how you position yourself. As I said in my first post, 'you', literally had this experience, and it was what it was. By that, I mean that you already have the answer. Trying to find further specifics, only gains intellectual understanding, where the big understanding, lies in focusing on the central movement down your path of practice, staying in the 'center', and doing the work. A different, higher level understanding comes from that. You apply your focus to shifting upwards, by simply continuing your exercise and meditation, not, trying to figure it out. Perhaps this reasonable, but, other than central work, is like having to pee before the 30 minutes has passed after practice. No biggy!! No harm in wondering or asking. Also, another key thing here , is empowering yourself to answer your own questions. There will be many times, when you perhaps feel the need for answers about something. The more you go back inside yourself, for answers, if you seek them, the more you will learn how to access that within yourself. This starts , by recognizing the feeling you had, as what happened. That's why I said, it was what it was. You sat in that feeling, energy, energy events, can be read by how it/they feels. There is an instinctive knowing, of a simple, " I liked that", or "that was good", or, " I didn't like that", and/or, " that didn't feel right"...etc.. Even if you get a negative sense about something, one can still go inside for further clarification. Another , very substantial practice, is asking 'your' master (aka the master's energy), the question. Developing a working relationship with your master, is so useful and important, and, a wonderful part of this system, as a spiritual system of qigong, to utilize. Just think how much your master knows, as compared to me, or another practioner. Asking Buddha, or Quan Yin, or Lao Tze, or Jesus, etc... Wow,,,,!! , now that is really great. What better source for the truth about something, and also, what you really need to hear, that will help you most, regarding your question. The difficult part, can be identifying 'your' way of communicating, in terms of how 'you' receive information. Asking is the easier part. 'Hearing ' the answer can take practice. It might not be a literal hearing thing either.. For me, for instance, I get pictures, and understanding about those pictures. I am by no means completely clear on this within my own practice. Lots of times, those pictures get lost in a jumble of thoughts, and I don't pick out the message. I am just aware of the format , and it has been an ongoing process of just staying the course, focusing on the central work/process given, and being aware. The more I can hold a more non thinking, being in the present, state of mind, the clearer I am about 'knowing', whatever that pretains to. This is a difficult subject for me to language, so please forgive any clumsiness in my efforts! Remember too, this is 'my' perspective. Go back to your practice and just do the work, to increase your knowing. Ask your master for an answer. Alot of questions can be a bit jumbled in focus, sending and receiving... Focus your intention, just as in other aspects. One question, one focus, hold that. It might take some days, to get results. You will develop your own process of communication. For some people, it is quite literal. For others, it can be quite subtle. You also tend to gravitate towards more key questions, if you have them. "What did I just feel in my foot?" might not be what you want to ask your master! You might not want to waste that time and effort for such a question!
I encourage other people to chime in here. As I said, this is my perspective. There is no right or wrong in another's view, just more input, and other perspectives.
Your practice feels good to me, and, I am not going to answer your specific question with the specific answer you might be looking for!!
love,
gallen

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
I think a simultaneous post just occurred!
See what I mean about Shawn?? I think we essentially said the same thing. My post had more warm wind from all the words! -g

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 134
Member
Member

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 134
Gallen and Shawn:

Thanks for the kind rap (or was it a hug?)on the left brain!

Gratefully,
Agent B



Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.098s Queries: 27 (0.047s) Memory: 3.0178 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:01:21 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS