Well this has been a good ride. Sorta like that first hyperdrive jump with Hans Solo.

To answer the question on what is a "system"
for me it is descibed in earlier days as "Ones Path", "The Way". It can be a course of study or a series of actions that result in a desired goal. It is following successful actions of your teacher, or a role model to some attainable result. It has a beginning with a path traveled and a end result. It it usually considered a single complete unit.

My experience is working with ships which are made up of many different complimentary systems which work together and make this entity called a Ship, not unlike all the internal systems of the human body that work together. These are all considered closed systems because they only have one purpose.

A person on the path of personal developement is an open system because they can change, adapt, achieve a purpose and then move on to another one. They can adjust, compensate to get better results. Set a goal, achieve it and then move onto another using all new tools and information they had never used before. Whatever your imagination can come up with, you as an Open System can make it happen in one way or another.

And then there's that one System with Jabba's Bar in it that has the best Tea.
I'll buy.

Jeff