Gallen;

It would seem that we have much in common. I have found that taking alot of the lessons from Martial Arts like the discipline, the respect and honor for ones teacher, being a empty vessel to be filled with the teachings,
and probably most important the sincerity of ones practise to be some of the most important, and ones that can be carried with you in everyday life.

Like you, I found the energy change and connection to the Universe and Masters change
into something more. It became more productive and able to benefit others.

Maui has many sacred places to practise outdoors. I found one location in Hawaiian legend was most sacred, in Feng Shui had all the signs of the cosmic breathe in a natural enviroment. I did meditation in this place and ended up staying awake for 3 days with my mind unveiling insight after insight. For lack of a better word, this gate is not open all the time but it is still a great place just to calm your mind. I have found Hana to be a very rejuvenating place, after I have been away for awhile I take the family out there and it heals and bonds us. There are many places.

Be Beautiful
Jeff