Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51112 09/11/04 01:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Hi I am new here and have a question I hope someone will answer. In the Moving of Yin Yang Is the energy moving up and down a single column or is the visualization supposed to be the energy moving in a circle up the back and down the from to the column. Does the hand going up represent the energy moving up the back and the hand moving down represent the energy going down the front. So the energy simultaneously goes up and down?


#51113 09/11/04 01:45 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Hi Seedling,
The manual describes a transparent energy column of beautiful colors, running from the top of the head, to the bottom of the torso. That, fixes a visualization, and one's focus, in sort of a global self view of that area. That looks different to me, and is different than small universe. I know, that several people, including myself, have felt the relationship between this exercise and sm universe, turning that circle, moving up the back and down the front. I don't think this is wrong. I do think there is a difference between the energy moving that way, and the visualization given by Master Lin. If I do the visualization, I experience it as an overall view of that area, with the hands directing energy relative to where they are. Where you direct the energy, from your hands, and how you see that, is flexible. You might direct it to an area you feel blocked, you might be focused on the spine, which is a very important element to keep clear, regarding one's health, or, you might direct it to a central line or core of your being, or whatever, perhaps feeling that loop. This part can be intuitive, and it can change. Remember too, that the pathway of small universe, is how qi circulates. If your mind shifts there, it is easy to feel energy moving. Perhaps, that can be a draw to one's experience or focus. For the most part, I feel it as more a fixed view transformational state, or a more global view of one's body, as opposed to tracking around small universe. The constant state of that energy column, gives me that view. Energy , directed by the hands, moves up and down that column. That could be the outside, the center, the whole level, a slice/area relative to where the hand is, or the whole column lighting up.
love,
gallen

#51114 09/11/04 07:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Thank you Gallen that was very informative and answered my question exactly. May I ask another question? While my husband is doing this and his hands cross in the middle of the rotation he feels a serge of energy, what would this represent?
Seedling

#51115 09/11/04 08:52 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Hi seedling,
There is a significant energy point in the palm of each hand. When your hands pass over each other, and these two centers line up, you feel more energy in your hands, and the directed energy is amplified or focused, through this alignment of your hands.
love,
gallen

#51116 09/11/04 10:33 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Hi Gallen,
I can not thank you enough for your kindness in answering my questions. They have been of great help.
love
seedling

#51117 09/12/04 03:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,631
Member
Member

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,631
Well I've been at this for about a year now, and I've just recently come back to this issue myself. I don't think I've been wrong for treating the energy path as the small universe, but now I think it's time for me to spend more time experiencing the exercise and less directing it. To this end I've returned to the image of a single column of energy in motion.

I've added nothing to gallen's post except to say, I still return to the Master's words and find new guidance. How I heard is words before, is what I needed to hear. Now, I hear a different message in the same words, because that is what I need to hear.


You are perfection.
Iam2


#51118 09/13/04 04:09 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Hi IAM2, Thank you for sharing that. This to is helpful. I agree I constantly refer back to the words and here more or different meanings or guidance I should say. I must admit though it is very nice to be able to get input through this forum.
Thank you both for such kidness and helpfullness.
seedling

#51119 09/13/04 07:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 405
Likes: 1
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 405
Likes: 1
I recalled this thread and thought it might be of interest:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000089.html

KWLee


#51120 09/13/04 11:23 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Hi K,
I liked what Pete said. I can't relate to meeting myself there! I can only accept myself as perhaps, a compassionate minimalist. (The compassion part yet to blossom.) It doesn't show in this post, but Moochy was quite the character. Say no more. I hope he is doing well.
love,
gallen


Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 31 (0.013s) Memory: 3.0167 MB (Peak: 3.5921 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 18:55:16 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS