Hi Morningstar,
This is a difficult thing to address, as it has so much to do with one's perception of reality, or the truth to things. All I can do is express a few things I have come to embrace, that allow for me to feel compassion in that sort of experience, as a positive energy to focus on, and radiate.
Compassion , for me, is an understanding too.
When I see people suffering, or struggling, making bad choices, or doing something wrong, I realize first, that we are all connected. I know that we all are on the same path, in the sense of our destination. I embrace the fact that the creator makes no judgements, so we shouldn't. I start to empathize with people's struggles, knowing this common connection or oneness. We are all doing the work, we are all moving through this experience together.
I trust that in the long run, 'everything' will be okay. Okay, being a tremendous understatement. I see our collective destiny, as nothing short of wonderful.
I feel very lucky to be aware of what I am aware of. 'Qigong brings greater awareness, and understanding'. This is a great gift to bring into our experience. You also have tools, to help yourself stay clear, balanced, and healthy.
'I see a before , during , and after, to your day.'
Before, I would exercise or meditate. My tendency, would be to draw greatly, on spiritual energy and help. You are going to work! Ask your master's energy, or whomever you connect to, to help you with your day. Spiritual energy is limitless, and the most powerful energy you can draw on. Exercises like 10,000 hands in level II is a great physical expression of gathering spiritual energy. Your prayers, can reside within this experience, along with the actual focus of doing this exercise. Any active work or meditation, shores you up to engage with your day. Don't disconnect from that start. Walk it, stay connected. At work, some people will be receptive to your awareness, some won't. If there are appropriate openings, slip some healing work in. If not, keep that smile, radiate love and compassion, and know that whomever you encounter, is on a path, and 'will' be okay in the long run. Always breath in energy from the universe into your lower dan tien, or spiritually, into the heart. If you need to escape feeling, the lower dan tien takes you down to a physical level and focus. You can stay out of your head, or find haven there. You can do this, as you engage with whatever. It is also an 'aware' state. If you feel your spiritual power , stay in the heart and just smile and love people. Take care of them best you can in the situation. Your love is more powerful, and more a reality, than the physical situation you are looking at. You can put healing energy in their medicine, or you can clean out the harmful part. You can give light to someone in a healing way, with that intention. Respectful of their experience, but the light is there to help them, if it is accepted. I have been in situations in hospitals, with family members or friends dying. I always find myself in a dialog with my spiritual helpers, asking to do things in an appropriate way, for the person I am with. This is if they are not into what I am into, or open to that. You can send a message to spirits working with them too. No one is without spiritual relations, alone, regardless of their perception of this. In essence, you can work behind the scenes. Don't just look at the physical dynamic. It is not the reality to the situation. You do what you can. Your prayers, intentions, and visualizations, are real, and helpful. Again, if someone is open to help , that's great. Clearing or effecting their medications, or using level II healing techniques. If somebody is closed, but accept your comfort, that is great too. If I am holding someone's hand in that situation, you can bet that I will be channelling , something , to them.
So, you spend the day doing this work and come home. Now it is back to you, taking care of yourself. Again, your qigong is there to balance your energy, and clear yourself. As you take care of this , through your exercise or meditation, you also let go of the images and thoughts in your mind. This is work to do, that will help you. You should do this work, this is your good choice to make! You can't think yourself out of your experience at work. You have to let it go, as you engage in your practice.
As has been said, qigong, is a lifestyle. Don't look at it as an exercise program. You can, integrate this fully into your life and work.
I have a rock on my altar, from a level 4 retreat. Often, when I leave my house( I am self employed and work at home), I take this rock and put it in my pocket. I do that, for a few reasons. One, to stay connected to my altar, or my master's energy, spiritual energy, but mostly, to stay spiritually aware. If I forget, which I do, I frequently happen across this rock in my pocket, and immediately, remember, say a prayer, and regenerate my awareness.
Try and see the beauty behind the difficulty on the surface. The beautiful souls we all are. This temporary physical experience. Do the best you can, and also, take care of yourself. Do the work. This work is a very positive thing, and will keep you on a track of greater understanding. Feel compassion for those who are unaware, making bad choices, or suffering. It is a soul connection to them,,,this compassion. You know, and you can love them, regardless of the physical experience or situation.
Thank you for doing the work that you do. Use your qigong to transform, how you do your work, engage with it, prepare, and regenerate, afterwards.
love,
gallen