Hi Rockchuk,
Belief , is a good possibility. There is a difference, between these two statements:
I believe this will help(is helping) me.
I know this will help(is helping) me. Or, simply, 'this is helping me', as a fully realized statement, or how you see it.
There are shades of gray in this. The medicine varies, and the patient's perceptions.
Also, one's intention, can be actively engaged, before receiving or accepting something. You can change the energy , beforehand, as opposed to taking meds and believing they will help you, leaving it up to that possibility.
Sometimes, when I have talked to people about qigong healing, they will say, it works for you, because you believe it works. No, it is because I know it works. Knowing, is knowing. Belief can be ,without the knowing.
I can see what I've said, but I don't know if I've expressed it well!!
love,
gallen