Hi Gallen, yes, I think you expressed that very well indeed.
I think that's part of master Lin's wisdom in doing that little finger 'trick' right at the beginning of level 1. It works and helps the person go beyond belief to the knowing of, 'my mind really does have the ability to channel energy!'
So, if a person has great confidence in the medical approach, then they 'know' the chemo will help them. Furthermore, this positive attitude is probably the juice that gets them through all the post-suffering in good order.
Of course, witch-doctors and voo-doo practitioners also have their herbs and potions which work for the believer.
But if a person does not believe ('know') then the results don't seem to be so good.
Now, the big pharmecueticals might not like hearing all this..........
I really appreciate all the great insights you share here. Thank you all for your valuable time...........