RC,
Emptiness to some is the place where there is truly "nothing" there. If there is nothing there, one's being is not there than how does one knows when to bring one's existence back to the time of being ?

I view emptiness as clearing out the mind, the obstruction of the surroundings.
For practicing SFQ, there is that place of time where I want to be, clearing out the daily worry and sometime just listening the music on the tape/CD while I practice and sometime just quiet and close my eyes.
That is the initial step. Then follow the instruction like visualize the qi breathing in through the skin and breathing the qi out of the skin. Visualize the energy movement as suggested. Some people do sense that. It depends on the individual.

When your practice progress you will find your own place of emptiness, specially when you are doing meditation.


[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited September 20, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited September 20, 2004).]