Well I held back until the big guns piped in.

Now for juniors two cents. I agree with everything that has been said, except with the "it's hard". Sorry AgentB, but I'm reviewing the material ( I seem to always review some part or other) and Master Lin brought up this issue of difficult. The Western mind thinks do X, Y and get Z. If it doesn't happen the first time then it's Hard. The idea that it is hard, is counter productive.
Rockchuk, all those here will agree that you just let go and focus on the meditation as instructed and you will get there.
Master Lin has indicated that there are different levels of the emptiness (understand this as getting closer to the emptiness (understand that as the universal truth / energy / love)).
Like most things in SFQ, I don't seem to recognize my progress until after the fact. For instance I would do the small universe and then come out of a black quiet no-thought place. When this happened I was more concerned with loosing my place in the small universe circuit, itstead of realizing I had come out of the emptiness.
Then when I came out of this no thought place (quiet) I would sometimes experience a totally white light experience. I have no recollection of the black or white, only that coming out or them, or is it through them? I have no idea how long I've been there.
The point is I just relax and focus on the meditations and I go there without consciously seeking it. It didn't happen the first few (dozen) times I did the meditations. However, when I became comfortable with my technique and could get out of my consciously controlling and monitoring the meditation, that's when it happened.
Master Lin discusses the Emptiness in differing levels as you progress through the practice. In his book born a healer, he talks about some students going into the emptiness and experiencing themselves on a beach or flying. It's a personal thing.
In later material he talks about the different types / forms / levels of the emptiness. He also talks about going into the emptiness for purification and for education. He seems to consider these as two different meditations. In both you enter the emptiness (no level stated). In purification you allow all thoughts to pass away. In the education, you enter the meditation with a question or request and then you notice the thoughts that come to you while in the emptiness.
As a note, sleep is a form of meditation and just last night I used it as an education meditation. I asked for guidance and awoke with my guidance, in the middle of the night.
This idea of asking questions before sleep is quite common, but I only just put those two pieces of information together. Namely sleep is meditation and getting answers while sleeping. So I now feel even better that I can do SFQ while sleeping.
You are perfection.
Iam2 junior 