Thank you to all!! I so very much appreciate your wise and caring answers. They are all keepers and I will want to comment more on them as I go over them again.

But a couple questions still come to mind right now.

I think I got in the answers that visualizing is a means to an end, a stepping stone to the best state, which is emptiness. Is this correct?

Therefore, the energy moving in the active excercise, is not dependent on using visualization to move it? Is this correct?
If I go into emptiness, is the Qi still moving optimally?
(note: I am using SFQ mainly at this point for physical healing of old stubborn issues)

I am somewhat familair with the emptiness because of previous meditation practices, and I personally would prefer to be there. But again, I am wanting optimal physical healing at this point, thus the questions about the visualizations.

Thanks again you guys....what a great forum!