Hi Iam2,
Your visualization of open arms towards heaven is very powerful, and a beautiful gesture. Perhaps, my favorite. It is 'one hand' in 10,000 hands. It is also within the harmony of the universe. It is a a way to connect to, and receive heaven, the great spirit, or however one calls it. I have a simple suggestion that can give this visualization great healing purpose, that goes past self. If you ground yourself in Mother Earth, as you receive this energy, you also bring it to her, and ground it here, on the earth. It can continue to radiate out from Mother Earth to all things on the earth. I would ground yourself , then open your arms, and bring the energy to your heart center, then see this great connection, bringing heaven and earth together, through you. You receive, the earth receives, everything receives. What you are doing is good. It doesn't take much to make it great. I do this myself, probably more than any other exericise/visualization. For me, it has an incredible charge of receiving love. As I said, I find it, in a few of the active exercises, and can express it there. Let energy flow through you, don't hold it , seeing it flow out to others , or grounding it in the earth, and radiating out to everything. You can preform wonderous things at that moment.
I like what you are doing in your self work.
love,
gallen