Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51222 09/24/04 04:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
I have very bad scoliosis and find it hard to keep my back straight and lengthened through the active and the sedative meditations. I will have to interrupt myself to lie down or move. Is there anything else I may do to improve this? and if I don't sit perfectly will the energy not flow properly? I have tried laying and sitting but don't get the benefits as I do when standing. Is this just a transition stage? at times it does feel as if the back is trying to straighten.

#51223 09/25/04 05:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,631
Member
Member

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,631
Good, better, best.

If anyone here has every had perfect position or flow, I'd love to hear their experience.

Seedling, do the exercises as well as you can. Master Lin says to stay with whatever you experience and trust the universe is helping you. I'm sure that with consistant practice you will benifit.


When I am doing the standing meditations, particularing in the beginning movements when the arms are stationary, I will experience a sudden and a little bit startling shift in position. It is usually in around my hip and the lower half of my back. I memtion this to left you know what others without back problems can experience, with the hope you will not be frightened by a similar experience.

Is it a transition stage.... well everything I've done in SFQ has been a transition.


You are perfection.
Iam2


#51224 09/25/04 12:17 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks IAM2,

Those were very kind and helpful words. I have felt these shifting experiences and others yet have found most to be pleasurable rather than scary to me. My whole life has been filled with experiences I could never explain I believe it was this fear that started me shutting down and becoming severley ill for the past 4 years. It has been an eye opener to find how well and powerful Qigong has been for me. I have found Chunyi Lin to have such a kindness and loving feeling to him from what I have seen on the videos and from the books and CD's. SFQ has to be one of the easiest and positive take on this powerful practice.

Thank you again and I will continue to practice and just allow things to happen in do time.

Much appreciation and love
seedling



Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.041s Queries: 18 (0.012s) Memory: 2.9880 MB (Peak: 3.5949 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 18:59:44 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS