---fixed---
frances I share your feelings about having some issues with religious figures. Their portrayal isn't consistent amongst those project their (whose) message. Some aspects of these portrayals I don't like.
--- ---

I call apon upto three entities for purification, help and guidance when I do my meditation. It depends on my intent when I start a meditation.

You master can be anyone for whom you have great respect. I call upon Jesus at times, but when I do I don't bring all of the baggage that has been associated with him. I call up the best image I can. The one I have the most respect for. An image of the master I believe Jesus to be.

I'll also add that my most powerful experiences are with what I would call universal energy. Some would call it love, and others god. To me, those words seem to well defined and so are too limiting.

When I call upon the master(s) the more powerful, the richer, my visualization the more powerful my experience. Remember that visualization is only one of the six keys to success with SFQ.

To add to these thoughts, I'll say inviting your master to join (or other appropriate words) with you doesn't have to be the subvocalization part. Getting back to my own most powerful experiences, they have happened when I have identified a objective, released it, then either opened myself to the universe or emmersed myself in the now of my experience. Those are the times when I have had my most energetically powerful and enjoyable experiences.

You are perfection.
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited October 08, 2004).]