Thanks gallen and Iam2 for your replies. My heart is very happy! I have had experiences in the world of nature (mainly with trees) that have inspired me to believe that it is full of intelligience, love, and respect for life. Trees are like family, and I am so glad I can call upon their energy.
I used to be involved with the christian right, back in the 70's when jesus was someone you turn to instead of drugs. That changed in the 80's when he became a republican (don't mean to bore you here) and love and acceptance for all went out the window. Since then I have explored other options and philosophies, but am a bit leary of committing myself to any belief system, much less any group of people. Perhaps that will change, but for now I want to experience god (or life or whatever) in a way that is personal but not judgemental to me or others. Thanks again folks.