Frances, when your mind wanders, where does it go?

No, I'm not being facetious. I'm trying to point out that SFQG is so very healing, that it might be than when your mind takes off on these little "trips" perhaps it might be part of the process. When it wanders, does it take you places you need to go? Do you learn something you need to learn?

Many years ago I learned Transcendental Meditation. It involves use of a mantra, but my instructions were also that when stray thoughts arise (and it was certain they would at times), that it was best to (1) acknowledge them and (2) then dismiss them gently. Sort of like "Ok, I see you. Now I am returning to my practice." It works well with other practices, including SFQG.

However, I often find that when these "stray thoughts" drift by, there might be a reason of some sort, some part of my life that needs attention. When I'm done with my practice, I check it out, and if necessary, take action.