Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Hello All,

I am relatively new to S.F. Qi Gong.

I am doing level one. I have done the active exercises and sitting meditations and find them very valuable however am very pressed for time.

I am going to cut back from my current two hours (straight) a day to 30 minutes (at least temporarily to get some consistency in my practice because I find if I aim for two hours a day it ends up being two hours one day and then nothing for the other six days of the week i.e. no consistency).

I was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience could offer their opinion on which set of exercises out of the level one active exercise, small universe or self concentration they find most beneficial?

My thoughts are to stick with 30 minutes a day of small universe until I become more consistent and then on the days I have more time to add exercises to that.

Thank you and any feedback or insights would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, James.


Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 30
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 30
James,
If you are relatively new to SGQ you should spend most of your time on the active exersizes. Which ever you are most comfortable with. The idea is that these collect universal energy and the sitting meditations use this energy to open your channels. I would suggest a one-one ratio of each. This may mean 30 minutes of active one day and 30 miniutes of sitting the other.

You can gradually reduce the active so that your ratio is 2 to 1 sitting to active over a few months perhaps.

Small Universe is very powerful so you can;t go wrong using that as your sitting meditaion.

RodB


Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Learning Strategies
Member
Learning Strategies
Member

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Aloha spartan,

We do qigong daily at Learning Strategies from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm.

Since we have 30 minutes, we do the following rotation:

Mondays: Start from the begining of CD #5 and add the Harversting of Qi (one our own), after about 2 minutes into the Joining of Yin & Yang.

Tuesdays: Start CD #5 at the Harmony of the Universe and continue through the end.

Wednesday: We do either of the sitting meditations on CD #6, or his meditation from the Euphoria course (a personal favorite).

Thursday: Same as Monday

Friday: Same as Tuesday

Its a good system for someone just starting who has 30 minutes to work with:


  • Its during an ideal healing time 11-1
  • It keeps a ratio of 75% Active to 25% sitting
  • You work though all the exercises and have the variety that some need to do it daily.


Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited January 25, 2006).]



Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 19 (0.025s) Memory: 2.9861 MB (Peak: 3.5921 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 04:39:58 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS