Hi Steve,

Here is how my meditation goes:
I have discovered that when I do Small Universe or Self-Concentration that I truly go into the emptiness. After visualizing during the guided section my inner being steps out into a golden light. I know when I am done because my mind turns back on and thoughts start to distract me. Usually this happens right at the end of the CD when I hear the 'ding'. Once I started coming back out and went back into it for about 20 minutes more. It is not sleeping either, I am fully awake and will feel sensations like energy heat, or a cool sensation on my hand, the best is when I feel energy bugs zipping around an area that needs healing or releasing. These don't trigger a thought but I usually come out smiling.

I do admit there are times when my mind is flying through all sorts of visual discovery. I just go with it and see what I see.

Sue