Li Wang Ho and any others with this question:
I just did a search using the word "tongue" in any message for any date and I found this very helpful thread, which also features some beginner tips on some other issues such as drinking cold water, when to stretch relative to doing SFQ, taking a shower before or after etc.
http://beginnerstongue.notlong.com
Here is part of Shawn's response specific to the tongue question:
Shawn_Grim
Learning Strategies Corporation posted September 05, 2003 06:28 PM:
quote:
1) Just where on the roof of your mouth do you put your tongue? Just behind the teeth or up in the rounded part?
Just behind the teeth. There are different benefits to putting the tongue in the middle or the back of the roof of the mouth. For now just place it on the roof of the mouth just behind the teeth and forget about it during the exercises.
So therefore, I think that after I get better at doing all the exercises (and maybe even after I learn L2), I may experiment more with moving the tongue to different positions . For now, there are so many very interesting dimensions and parameters of SFQ, I think I will work on others and just keep the tongue just behind the teeth on the upper palate.
Thanks to Shawn and others who chimed in on that older thread. 