Good luck Kaiden.
I'm not happy with my weight either. I've worked at it, on and off, for two years. I made some progress, and some set backs, but I've always come back to my objective and try and learn why I failed. I've not rebounded, but I have had fluctuations.

The Obvious Diet sounds similar to my current strategy. I've looked where my efforts have failed in the past. I've setup a "contract" with myself. Which is just a plan for success. I wouldn't call what I'm doing, dieting. I'm just choosing to eat properly. Health giving foods in appropriate portions.
I've included items in my agreement, that recognize that I'm not perfect. However, the allowances are limited in size and frequency to the extent that they will not interfere with my goal.

I know I will see improvement over the term of my contract and hopefully I'll have changed my lifestyle to the extent that I won't have to put as much concious effort into remaining healthier.

I just ordered a bunch or paraliminals, but diet wasn't one of them. I Know I have this under control, becaus I NOPS it, especially S it.

Good luck,
Iam2