Hello Friends,
I wanted to share my recent correspondence with Dr. Fred Alan Wolf, who is one of the teachers in The Secret. He has given me full permission to post this for your benefit. I hope you will be able to benefit from his balanced perspectives regarding the "Law of Attraction" (LOA).
Best to all,

HF
Dr. Wolf's comments about The Secret and The LOA (verbatim, unedited):
=====================================================
Here are my thought about "the secret." I am grateful for being in
the film and having the chance to tell people about my work and the wonders
of quantum physics and the universe and consciousness.
As far as the LOA is concerned, I really have little interest in
using that word "attraction", it seems to indicate a mechanism for having
things go your way.
In physics attraction means something quite definite as in like
bodies repel and unlike bodies attract. In quantum field theory, just the
presence of two subatomic massive bodies induces the quantum field to
produce an attractive force between the bodies. Such a theory led to the
discovery of the pion a subatomic particle which lead to the law of
attraction between two nucleons in the nucleus of any atom.
Since the LOA implies something quite different such as if you think
ugly thoughts you will attract ugly things to yourself and so on, I don't
use the word because I think human dynamics goes much deeper than that and I
tend to avoid simplistic solutions to complex problems akin to throwing out
the baby with the bathwater in order to get a clean tub.
I have lots of ugly thoughts. I have lots of sexy thoughts. I
have lots of thoughts and none of them bring any more to my life than my
intent and desire and willingness to work or to have the things I want.
Certainly having a positive happy disposition about things helps because
anyone usually finds working or being with a positive happy person better
than working with a negative one. But lots of geniuses are difficult to work
with and they still "attract" people because they are interested in the
work. I attract lots of people to me and I don't try to be happy--and in
fact I am usually a grouch. But still they come.
Of course when I present before several hundred people or at times
thousands, I always find some people definitely turned off by me and even
asking for their money back--so I don't "attract" everyone equally--some I
downright repel. I don't think those who are repelled are necessarily not
interested in my work, they just can't stand me. On the other hand those
that I attract--who knows? I doubt they are like me, more like they want
something they think I have or can teach them. But who knows. In other
words I don't think I really know what the LOA is or how to use it, since I
seem to not do so.
Best Wishes,
Fred Alan Wolf Ph.D.
Have Brains / Will Travel
San Francisco
http://www.fredalanwolf.com