Jeane: I think that you are talking about "collective consciousness" or "morphic resonance", which I tend to agree with you on. The individual people pooling their thoughts into one collective form. Like raindrops into a bucket. The water in the bucket is the collected experiances of all the micro-life. So each person contributes to the whole, which, in turn, has an effect on each individual.

http://www.brefigroup.co.uk/resources/view_product.do?product=9&category_sname=free
this site has a real-world example of the theory. Blue tits are non-migratory and tend to stay within a few miles of their birth place. With this in mind, it's pretty amazing that blue tits from all over england (as well as in norway which i'm not sure this article mentioned) would have discovered this habbit all around the same time.

Another example is here: http://www.newciv.org/pos/monkey.html

I believe that, as blue tits and monkeys are somehow all connected, so are human beings. That our cities too have their own spin of that overall frequency based on the smaller, specific thoughts of people living there. Of course topography too may have a definate effect on the area's energy. Many variables.

To Hartreefoch I would say, what is intuition but a sixth sense? I agree that on the surface it is easy to poke holes in this hypothesis, but there are times when, yes, you can spot a person by their accent or mannerisms, but there are other times when you just know that they aren't from where you are from. You can FEEL it.
Af far as the experiment is concerned, yes I believe that it could be possible to do. For someone more advanced than I yes. Why not? I would suggest to you, in friendship, that you just say, "to heck with it, I'm gonna go through the process and try to develop these abilities for my self, if it works they're real, if it doesn't they're not."

I'm feel very welcome in this site and am glad that i joined it so that i now have some intelligent people to discuss these things with! Coyote, it's cool to see someone else who is trying to "psychically scan" people. Do you ever get people who can feel your presence on them while you do it, and turn around and look right at you from a distance?

All the best,
Oceanic Humor

P.S. any particular places that you just feel "good" in?