Quote:

In my view, you need to ask Learning Strategies and Centerpointe which are they frequency requirements to obtain the maximum benefit from their products. If the lowest frequency goes below 15 Hz, then Koss, Sennheiser, etc will not pick it up and you will lose the benefit of the program. Maybe Alex can comment about Paraliminals, etc.




Not quite. The 15 Hz frequency is produced by the brain as a binaural beat which is the difference between the two different carrier frequencies used (e.g. 80 Hz and 95 Hz). It makes no difference how your headphones perform in that ultra-low frequency range (and performance is highly over-rated by manufacturers as I already said).

I'm speaking as a headphone enthusiast who owns one pair of $200+ headphones (Grado SR225), as well as several in the $100+ price range (Beyerdymanic DT531, Sony MDR V6 etc). I have also listened to some of the most expensive headphones ever made, uncluding the Sony R-10 (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5008). The only difference lies in how accurately (close to original recorded source material as intended by the engineer) and pleasingly they reproduce the timber of various bands, like midrange, treble etc.

On a related note, the Sony V6 I recommended are an almost identical, less expensive alternative to the Centerpointe recommended Sony V600. I just prefer to use the Koss KSC35s or my Grados when listening to mind/brain programs so I can forget about the fact that I am listening to headphones. It distracts me to have on heavier phones like the Sony V6s when I listen to any Paraliminal or brainwave entrainment programs.