Hi, Dan,

I'd definitely stay on the SFQ healing list for starters.

Next, maybe you can look into some of the healing modalities that can be quickly learned. For instance, attunement to 1st Degree in Reiki boosts natural healing abilities quite a bit, and can be done in an hour or less.

Personally, I favor a form of acupressure called Jin Shin. It's not pressure per se, just touch, and can achieve many of the same results as acupuncture, without the puncturing. Try the book "The Touch of Healing" by Alice Burmeister, and your mother can either apply some of these techniques herself, or someone else can help her. They're quite simple, and very effective.

For visualization, I do like the LSC "Perfect Health" but I also find some CDs by Summer McStravick to be just wonderful. She has a technique called "Flowdreaming" that on the surface seems to be just plain vanilla visualization, but in practice, they seem to be much, much more. When I use these CDs (or do it on my own), I'm always just wowed by how effective they are. If you try this route, be sure to start with her book (which includes one of the CDs).

I hope there is something here that might help.

Jeanne