Oztinks that is such an encouraging post – THANK YOU! I will surely try to replicate the results you observe on your 12yo son. I wish I freed myself at that age — my life would have been so much more enjoyable. Here is my story:

I am way beyond my adolescence years and I still struggle with a “say it for me” habit, yet you can say that I am determined for I recently got into teaching profession. Growing up I remember being complimented consistently as cute and sweet child and then pretty woman. Except my father, no one really bothered commenting on my intellectual potential even though I excelled in school. I wanted (desperately wanted) to be noticed as smart and NOT pretty to that point that I opted for “hard science” studies, just to fill that void in me. But, in my private life I continued receiving “pretty” compliments and my feelings ranged from shyness to serious rage – to be honest, on some occasions I hated those people for they just kept wrecking any hope I kept constructing as time went by .

Recently (well in the last say 4-5 years) I decided to dig deep within me and see what’s really causing my reactions (I figured it can’t be people, really) and so I have discovered (convinced myself) that the main source of my insecurity is my perception of the sound of my voice – I simply believe that I don’t sound my age, and combined with my look, I just get paralyzing feelings that nobody would ever take my words seriously. Those feelings made my graduate studies a nightmare.

I did “grab” the Talking to Win CD the moment I saw it listed on the website – BUT – I have noticed huge, huge resistance whenever I decide to listen to it. I find myself just analyzing the message that Paul and Tom are saying and strategizing how to get the results “as fast as possible”. Silly me, I guess I should supplement it with Anxiety Free CD.

Anyways, I found your post very inspiring and I will try to be “childlike” with respect to my belief in the result, even if it takes double the amount of weeks your son listened to the same CD.

Best to you,
Grace

p.s. I should mention that, luckily, none of my two daughters have that issue. For once, I am actually glad they inherited their father’s genes

Last edited by Grace; 12/30/07 07:31 AM.