Hey Alex,
I was searching through some old posts on the forum, and I noticed something.
You said you went through Howard Berg's Mega Speed Reading, right? I went through the audio portion of it, didn't have access to the video tape or work book. I found that it was ok, but most of it was wasted on Kevin Trudeau spilling false information on everything he could. He's good at that.
If you didn't like it, I recommend something I took recently and enjoyed (and had success with) by Howard Berg, called "Maximum Speed Reading." It's based on the same principles, but it's organized much better and I found it much more helpful. The drills really help too.
Understanding that you're a photoreading instructor, you probably wouldn't really approve of it, and don't get the wrong idea. I still love photoreading.
The only thing is, I find Howard's method more practical for reading inside of libraries and book shops. I wanted conscious information right away, so that I don't have to buy the book, but the only reason I pick it up is because I want the information, so I find that just photoreading the book in the store isn't enough. Even if it merits activation, I would want to do it there, but I don't want to wait for incubation, or come back the next day.
Stuff that I have at home, though, I wouldn't mind photoreading. I have all the time in the world at home at my age, and fortunately for my family, who's very learned, I have a wide selection of every kind of book to choose from.
I also found that Howard's method is practical for when you're waiting, be it standing on a line at a store, being driven somewhere, or just sitting around at a park or something.
Although my speed was much slower (averages being about 23,000 while photoreading, and between 2000-4000 with Howard's method), I just find it practical for using in certain situations and I wanted to know what you're thoughts were on it, and you might even want to try it someday, unless you have a better method.
But don't worry, I'm very open to suggestion right now, and remember, I still support photoreading 100%.
Thanks for the opinions.
-JackTuff13