I use the PhotoReading system with a postview in bookshops. I have also got a number of books not just Howard Bergs stuff. I've learned useful information.
The method that Howard teaches on the video is nothing like his book.
I find that just using and superreading and dipping I get what I want in the bookshop or library.
I fully activated 5 books in an hour in the library. Just use the system and you'll eliminate the need to buy books with a simple PhotoRead.
Also from experience. People who know speed reading take the longest to click with full benefits of PhotoReading. They seem to miss out on the direct learning benefit. Expect themselves to be be moved into overdrive in a matter of days. They cannot step down from speed reading because they won't superread faster than their speed reading speed. So I don't recommend learning speed reading which is pushing your eyeballs faster across the page, if you want to learn PhotoReading.
If you learn the system and USE it, you'll move toward faster reading naturally.
AlexK