There is another drug that has been around for a long time that almost halts Alzheimer's or slows it down rapidly.Its Marijuana believe it or not.Seeing my grandma go through Alzheimers I learned alot about it. Watch other people that have Alzheimers too and you will see what I am talking about They have a very very very negative predominant attitude and they repeat,hold on,talk about and will not let go of negative stuff from past. I heard of them holding onto to and repeating negative stuff they went through 50 years ago. With my grandma "my grandma I not talking about all cases" I know for a fact she killed her self with her own words. It took about 10 years to do it,but if she would have had a more positive outlook she would still be living now in good health. She was a health nut went to the age of 91 without the need of medications,she did not have high blood pressure,colesterol any of that,just a unforgivable attitude,negative self talk and Alzheimers.