Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68290 09/04/08 01:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
I've had the SFQ I and II program for awhile and I've just started on it.

My problem (?) is dealing with the visualizations that are taught. I guess the problem isn't really with the visualizations, per se, but with how they should be performed.

Is it better to do the visualizations in an associated state or a disassociated state? Or, does it really matter at all?

I just want to get off on the right foot here.

Thanks,

Francesco

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 95
Member
Member

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 95
Personally I find myself switching between the two till I feel the result is working.

Find out for yourself which works for your system.. Just don't get too NLP about it. It's Qigong! ;\)


Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks, Jeffrey. I'm going to be doing my session in a few minutes and I'll take your good advice. A lot of times I get really anal when I start somethin new. Looks like SFQ is no exception to this.

Francesco

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 21
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 21
It seems everyone has different levels in visualization. Some black and white, some with HD color and lots of depth. When making a painting you use what medium you have, if it's chalk or oils, you just jump in and start painting on paper or canvas.
What is important in visualization is the intention and your mindfulness to the task at hand.

K

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
This is what I used to do:
When I thought I couldn't visualize I just pretended that it was working anyhow. This intention of believing that its all working just right works.

One day I realized that I was able to visualize.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Groundpath!!

Glad to see your comments because I have great difficulty visualizing and feeling energy - matter a fact I nearly think it is impossible for me to do. Your comment on "intention to work" is very worth while. Matter a fact I have kind of thought of trying for another couple of months and then just getting out of SF Qigong - have not even looked at Level 2 stuff yet and discourage at my results in Level 1 - do it every day. I have stopped Y-Dan yoga and limited EFT which I've done for years just to give it a true chance. Will continue with your suggestion of "intention" for another couple of months and make up my mind by February. Thanks.


Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.116s Queries: 25 (0.071s) Memory: 3.0033 MB (Peak: 3.5950 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 17:01:20 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS