Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69162 10/23/08 03:00 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 66
Member
Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 66
I have just started listening to Peak Performance for my job hunt. It has 2 sessions and the manual doesnt say how to balance the two. Should I listen to A in the morning and B in the evening, or A on day 1 and B on day 2, or A for a week, B next week, etc?

Also, is this a good choice or would you recommend something else for this job hunting goal I have? Its kinda disheartening so far esp since 2 headhunters told me today I dont have the kind of experience with which they can get me anything. One was at such a loss she couldnt even finish her sentence. "But I mean, umm, like what do you want me to do, uhh, how did you even get the previous position, umm, uhh..." DAMN I could've shot that cow!

Cheers!
Dan

dan2004 #69234 10/28/08 12:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Learning Strategies Admin
Member
Learning Strategies Admin
Member

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
For interviews skills like talking to Head hunters I recommend Sales Leap and Talk to Win. Consider using those before you write your resume as well.

When there are two sessions on a Paraliminal select the session that addresses your need. That may mean you only use session B. It may mean you use session B a few times and then use Session A or it may mean you start and finish with just session A.

I find the Paraliminals with 2 sessions much more effective if I wait 12 to 24 hours to check where I'm at and then consider again whether to do Session A or B or none from that Paraliminal and maybe another Paraliminal.

AlexK

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 66
Member
Member

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 66
This isnt for interview skills, more to do w/ the actual hunt. One is I dont really know HOW to job hunt. Second is to stay motivated when I dont hear anything back. Also I dont really have much experience so that doesnt lend me any credibility.

I suppose for the first issue new option gen would be good but I dont want to use too many paraliminals, esp when Im having trouble juggling sessions in one.

You said choose whichever best addresses my need. Thing is I dont really know which would. I drift off while he's talking and although I'm probably awake I'm not really aware of what's being said.

Cheers
Dan

dan2004 #69270 10/30/08 10:21 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 539
Member
Member

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 539
To job hunt, put down a list of your skills which should be in your resume'. Apply for any job you are vaguely suitable for. Another way, is to pick a job you know something about and go to a company offering your services for free for a month. At least you will gain some experience. You never know, they may not let you go and offer you a job. Make sure you look presentable and smile a lot. People like to have happy faces around in the work place.

Another Paraliminal you may consider is Focus and Concentration.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Learning Strategies Admin
Member
Learning Strategies Admin
Member

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
I suggest you drop into your local library and find a book on how to find a job. There are a few well written books like What colour is Your Parachute, that help you with the how to of job seeking. Then use Sales Leap to carry you thought getting clarity first on what kind of a job you want to have and preparing for writing your resume.

And then the task of searching for jobs. A book will tell you there are more than one way to get yourself a job interview. Networking and being able to "sell yourself" at the drop of a chance conversation. So Sales Leap and Talk to Win are important Paraliminals in the job hunters kit bag. Along with Anxiety Free.

I'd be more inclined to use Peak Performance when I'm actually working for someone, whether volunteer or probationary to help secure the job.

AlexK


Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.250s Queries: 24 (0.122s) Memory: 3.0007 MB (Peak: 3.5946 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 07:48:10 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS