Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#7065 01/07/04 02:30 PM

Hoss, I wont negate anything AlexK has said. I'd have said the same, myself.

You keep saying thing like "your mind won't accept". To me this triggers the idea that you have a belief that is strong, and is in contradiction to your goal. I don't know what your goal is, but I can think of two types of cases where you can have contradictions to your goals.

The first is a goal that seems very rewarding to you on one level, but is in contradiction with a belief you hold. An example would be, wanting to be very successful with the ladies and fully experiencing them and them moving onto the next. This could be contradiction to how you feel people should relate, or what you really want in life is a single long lasting relationship. Another example to could be a goal to charge to top of commercial world. Blasting past or through any and all obstacles on your road to fortune. You could hold a belief that the some behaviour is not acceptable, regardless of the ends. You may believe that wealth should be fairly / evenly distributed.

For this I would suggest, looking at your goal and trying to find the conflict. You can probably modify your goal slightly to bring it into alignment with your other beliefs, and still obtain the rewards you are seeking.

The second is that your current belief system would be challenged by the achievement of this goal. This means that something essential in your current model of the world would have to go. I'm suspect that this is always related to a fear. That people develop models of the world and create themselves, their beliefs, to become safe in this world.

To work on this will require examining who you are, what makes you you, what are the beliefs that define you. You could try coming at it from the goal side and ask why can't I have this. Why can I be like that. What would be different about me if I were like that.

When you visialize yourself having achieved your goal I would say pay attention to all of the feelings associated with this goal. Is there any guilt, any fear, any disbelief. I would say that guilt is associated with the first type of belief conflict and can be solved by modifying the goal. If fear of disbelief are associated with the goal the I would say the the belief conflict is associated with something that is currently providing you with emotional security.

If you don't want to go into the above stuff or don't feel it applies, then try just Play Acting like you've achieved your goal when you are doing a visualization. This is only a suggested as a work around to all to the type of visualization AlexK has detailed.

If you need some help with Play Acting. In your visualization sequence try this. While sleeping you magically visited my the mighty dream fairy Paul Scheele who waved his enchanted audio cassette granted you all your goals. When you awaking in your visualization you have achieved everthing you desired. Now go about and live this reality and remember your experiences.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#7066 01/13/04 02:16 PM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks a lot for the great advice, AlexK and Iam2.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved