There is an old saying that goes: "He, who can, does; he, who can't, teaches". These gurus should beam health given that they claim to have reached enlightment. I think Byron Katie went blind quite a while after her "enlightment". Genpo Roshi, who has been a Zen monk for over thirty years, had to overcome cancer recently. Should his meditation not have cleared all the emotions producing the cancer? How about Bill Harris, who a few years ago moved from Janean to Denise as wife? He finished the Holosync program in 1994 or so. Denise is wife number 4.

What I don't like about most of these gurus is what they claim about their own achievements. If they have made lots of money out of their teachings, I am sure Oral Roberts, the religious preacher, has done the same or better, and many other preachers like him. What sets these gurus apart from lots of people is the single-mindedness in succeeding at all costs (see the story about the 100+ rejection of Chicken Soup for the Soul) and never, ever give up until they were able to break through. The gurus provide us with useful tools to improve ourselves. Some of them are unique (Photoreading), others exceptionally well explained and simple to apply (Diamond Feng Shui and Dowsing) and so on for all products. Lots of them contain extensive rebadging of previous work (look at how many gurus have used the work of Napoleon Hill, Maxwell Maltz, etc).

I believe we need to focuse our concentration more on a product we like and believe to be useful to us, rather than on its author. If the product is good for us, that's great. If not, we can look for another one.