Hi payspoule. No, you're not stupid, but as Jeanne pointed out, it's a reminder because you will not get the full benefit from a paraliminal if the ausio isn't going to the right hemisphere. These recordings have been precisely designed so that you get messages that stimulate the processings in the two different hemispheres of your brain.

They are NOT subliminal, and not supposed to be. The very name para-liminal was deliberate in contrasting this too, I believe. Youa re supposed to hear what is being said, but from what I understand, your inner mind is receiving messages and meanings that you are not receiving consciously. It's like the old Eriksonean hypnosis tricks, such as 'You, like me, are interested in fishing'. Say it right and your mind hears 'You like me' even though the textual intent is seemingly different. Only Paraliminals are far more subtle. They do work very well, even at a light level of - dare I say - 'trance'.

One more thing (and I have Linda in mind here too). I might be wrong here so I am open to correction, but I beleieve that you may find the paraliminals irritating/less effective, if your brain hemispheres are reversed. Usually, your left hemisphere is logical and your right is creative, and the Paralimials are crafted to appeal to each hemisphere. It could be that you're hemispheres are reversed, whereby your left if creative and our right is logical. It's nothing abnormal; it just means you need to reverse the earphones. Here's a dead give-away: Are you left handed? If you are, you might need to reverse the head-phones!