Hi,

I believe that he either created variations, OR being a master KNEW what movements would open which channels/meridians. I can't say for sure.

Lifting the heels is found in other systems, I think. I *will* vouch that it is very good for the ankles. I had a stretched tendon on my left ankle for years because I pulled it once and it healed 'tighter' than it normally should have.
No matter what I did, it never went away.

When I started doing SFQ it felt like it was getting 'slightly more painful' for awhile (which is part of the healing process sometimes) but then it started to open rather quickly. I will note that I have done other (not S.F.) QiGongs ...but there was something about SFQ that really helped faster. It really like comparing snowflakes, though.

QiGong essentially means 'breath-work' or 'internal-work' so a breathing/visulazation process can be considered QiGong.
When it really comes down to it, I think Chunyi's system is a totally new thing. Sort of like comparing Tai Chi to Bagua. It works, and it works well I can tell you that much. All in all, it comes down to the effort and discipline you put into your practice. But the most important things are: Love, forgiveness, and kindness. You cannot have one without the others.

I hope this clarifies any questions you have. There are many people on this board with much more insightful answers that I can provide. I don't claim to be 100% correct, just 1%.

~peace