I have known the importance and power of working with affirmations for decades (at least two!), however there has been a gap between the intention to do them and actively/consistently doing them.

Since starting ES I have managed to keep my focus on affirmations. My active focus has manifested a will/ability to produce a pleasing set of affirmations that I take pleasure in repeating for an hour per day (whilst Holosyncing). For me, this is further evidence that what you think about is what you get. Initially I thought a lot about affirmations - while lacking the actual text and will to do them - and that focus has delivered a fine crop of deeply satisfing affirmations that motivate me to say them.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert or a specialist yet. Nonetheless, I want to share a couple of observations on my affirmation experiences.

* Initially I wanted my affirmations to be 'perfect' or as good as I could get. By aiming too high, I couldn't trust myself to come up with the right ones. Consequently I came up with nothing and thus couldn't even begin the process. For me, the trick was to start small. Just get started and embroider them more and more over time.

* I 'borrowed' this affirmation from Nap. Hill: "I'm getting better and better every day in every way". I always start with this one because it uplifts me, and highlights that there are endless ways in which I can be better and better. "in every way" opens the door to my imagination. So I spend a few seconds finding new ways I'd enjoy being better and better at.

* At this point saying my affirmations almost feels like praying (not that I have much experience of prayer). I have goals in the following main life arenas: mental/body/soul health-fitness; financial freedom; relationships; life work (for me living in my genius zone); spending more and more of my time feeling joy and bliss. I have a clear concept/vision of each goal and I just articulate the concepts as it feels right. So I am no longer 'stuck' on the wording. I alter it each time I find a way of expressing the goal in a more uplifting, bliss-inducing, creative way.

* My second affirmation runs something like this: "I am joyful (and I picture myself whooping with joy, throwing my arms wide, grinning etc. etc), and blissful (again I picture myself in pure bliss using which ever pictures fit that particular session) and successful (+ visioning + feeling it) and financially independent (you should see my current reperatoire of what it is like to be financially independent - this is an exciting, uplifting fantasy) ..... etc.

* One of my favourite affirmations for relationships is: "I inspire and uplift those I come in contact with as they do me(simultaneously generating strong pictures/feelings)". While affirming this today, I was prompted that this affirmation has manifested. Over the past weeks, individuals on this forum have supplied me with oodles of inspiration, love, support, reaching out. This week I was asked to inspire and uplift Successful while he/she does the same for me. See, the affirmation works!

* Final observation. It isn't only important to say/feel ones affirmations in order to manifest what one wants to be/have/feel. As the example above highlights, if I didn't have a set of goals articulated as affirmations, I wouldn't be in a position to recognise when I'm getting what I want. I am quite sure that if I hadn't been affirming my desire to uplift and inspire and be uplifted and inspired by others, the gift I have received of uplifting/inspiring forum partners would have remained beyond my realm of consciousness. I either would have taken it for granted (it just happened for no specific reason, or it would have gone unnoticed as the special gift it is).

I write this in a spirit of utter gratefulness. ES is working for me.
May all your affirmations be sweet!
Adieu,
French Claire