Jeanne,
Thanks for the reminder about afforming in the spirit of fun. I do find doing afformations fun (even an hour or more a day). It also is a bit like prayer for me, as French Claire has alluded. Sacred fun.
Today I rode my bike for a couple hours. For the first half of the ride I made up afformations as I rode. For the second half I listen to the ones I had composed and recorded. It's been kind of like doing the Mirror Exercise from the ES Course, in that I am consciously talking to myself, giving my mind things to focus on that feel good. Doing afformations feels good to me, so it hasn't felt "forced" or seemed like hard work.
But again, I appreciate the reminder to not fall back into an old habit of "grim determination".
Stevers
Brenda,
I am assuming you've ordered Noah's new book The Success Code. Although I am still in touch with ES principles and practices my attention has shifted to doing the exercises in Noah's book. I think he's made some key distinctions that others, Jack Canfield and Paul Scheele included, have missed. Not to trash Jack and Paul - I totally appreciate what they teach. I'm just so thrilled about what Noah is saying, because it so eloquently accounts for why I have personally have so little to show for the 25 plus years I've been in the self-improvement/success game.
Let us know what you think.
Stevers again