I know what you mean, when I first started the Natural Brilliance course I was puzzled because I was trying to go like "ok release, alright now I'm gonna start noticing, ok now......" I think what Paul is really trying to accomplish with the course is for you to basically be introduced consciously how to access your Natural Brilliance, to basically guide you to being your full fledged infinite self. The Steps themselves in "Real" time aren't really steps at all, it's simply the fluid movement of life going through you, learning, moving, and becoming more of who you really are, and not someone who lives robotically from the limiting training of schools, media, and the way some folks around us "think" we should be like. There is evidence that about 15,000-20,000 years ago the entire earth dwelling humans were a balanced people fully surrendered to the Natural Order. And then a few groups of men decided to build cities and conquer and struggle against nature. This way of thinking started to permeate the way people raised their children and the way people interacted with each other and the environment. Many of humans are now seeing that this isn't really working to well. Thats why people now are getting into Tai Chi, meditation, and thats why we have things like Natural Brilliance, so that even in our urban land we can still follow the Natural law and be at peace.
Here's another example: I play drums. I'm trying a new beat that I've never attempted. I tense up, it's frustrating it's just not quite happening. So I RELEASE, then I automatically NOTICE more of my limbs movement and how I can better manipulate them, I automatically have better ability to make my limbs do what I want them to do. So I then RESPOND, I persistently keep try every variation of pressure, retreating, and power in my drumsticks and feet and with every little attempt the new beat gets smoother and tighter. The RESPOND step has no failure, even when I screw the beat up I automatically WITNESS it and mark it as something that doesn't work, in turn seeing what doesn't work automatically brings me closer to what works.
All that could end up happening in 45 seconds!
So yeah at first what seems like a step by step ordeal really ends up being just brilliant, natural, deliberate learning. And I really think it carries over into your whole life. Any time you approach something and then end up dang near perfecting it in a short amount of time. Then chances are you unconsciosly went through the four steps! It's good stuff.
Hey try this, if you get stuck doing anything in the course or in the life, just give up! Do the Tangerine Technique from Photo reading and then basically Photo Read what your doing. This allows you total Receptivity! To knock out a stop sign it's usually our "effort" to fight the stop sign that sabatoges us, by going into our natural accelerated learning state we automatically zero in the solution, the prize, the answer. Instead of "that damn stop sign", we can say "huh, what stop sign? Oh did I just finish that project flawlessly? Woops!"
Man I'm a dork I just wrote all this. Paul, thanks man, you've confirmed everything that always knew deep down that I just never could fully see because I thought I HAD to struggle, nothing could be further from the truth.