Hi Claire
You are speaking clearly about a phenomenon that has repeatedly played out thru my life.If I set a goal, focus, desperately want something to happen- it remains elusive. If I think- it would be nice to have 'x'- then I forget about it- it certainly arrives in my life. A few years ago, I wanted to find a different house- nothing special came to mind- I just thought it would be nice to have a bigger yard. About 2 months after the idea occured to me- I was running some errands & noticed this house for sale- & it is perfect for me.But if I had devised a plan of what I wanted, where I wanted it to be, filled in all the details- I would have never imagined this place - and probably would have missed out on it.
In the Sedonna course, Hale talks about becoming 'hootless' about what you want- just keep releasing on it until there is no emotional attachment to it- you still want it, but you don't need it. This technique has really helped me. When I feel that I am obsessing about having something in my life- I release, release, and release until I don't give a hoot- then it appears- or something much better appears. So maybe you shouldn't limit your future income to 500,000 Euros- the universe may have something much greater in store for you!
Brenda