Thanks for that Brendann!
It is good to read your personal experience. So it looks like I have to ease up on the enthusiasm - I think all the extra energy I put into it is actually tiring me out. I could relate 100% to your generic idea of a house with a bigger yard. How does this relate to Canfield et al telling us to get really specific in our visualisations?
In a way I have had a similar experience. We are currently renovating my mother's village house, built sometime in 17xx's. I have my focus on it as we want it to be comfortable for her and her guests, but the focus is emotionally mild. It is positive and upbeat, simply a task we want to get done to give her pleasure. Yet whenever I go to buy supplies for the renovation we keep finding people reducing the prices. We bought a parquet floor in an unexpected sale. We bought lighting, it was vastly reduced because it was the last in stock and when we arrived at the check out, the manager felt he really liked us and he knocked the price down a further 20% - unasked. We needed some plasterboard, and my husband was given it for free. These aren't people who know us, so it is interesting how many people are giving a helping hand without even asking.
I will do lots of releasing on my current goals, as you suggest. Yes I remember being impressed about Hale's 'hootlessness' but for me it didn't quite strike the chord of taking a relaxed attitude to manifestation. I also am excited at the idea of 'forgetting about it' post asking - a difficult task for me - that would equate in my current attitude to being negligent in the ES disciplines! Another cognitive error, thanks for pointing it out.
I notice your phraseology: "It would be nice to have x...."
One of Joe's case studies puts it this way, "Wouldn't it be cool if ....." Sounds playful. Much better than my pushy, demanding, emotionally intense affirmations/visualisations.
I'll let you know what happens.
Adiwu,
French Claire