I agree with all of gallen's cooments and add this:

Just find as many people (and animals and plants) to practice with as you can. His suggestion about using imagination is a good one and it is one where mileage may vary, depending on the person. In the meantime, there are many people (and their pets) who will let you practice if you ask.

I need to practice more myself and I remember when I WAS practicing a lot and I made some great progress, I just was not shy! Period! In my (Jewish) tradition, there is a saying, "Shyness is an impediment to learning". You just have to say to people, "I am practicing this new form of energy healing and I need to practice detection of energy blockages. May I please practice on you? There is no touching and it only takes a few minutes". It is amazing how many people will say "yes".

I asked Master Lin how to get more confidence and skill in detecting and he said, "Just practice".

There are always opportunities. Find them and you will improve.

Also, the "Virtual Compass" is a detecting energy technique, albeit a larger, more Feng Shui sort of energy. But doing that will help with the detecting in people.


blessings,

Steve