Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
Namaste to all,

While starting out the diamond course course my biggest speed bump was getting a good compass (amongst other excuses of procrastination). So thought I'd share with you all a neat feng shui compass that I've been using on my android phone that I find very handy while studying. It's available for free.

It gives direction readings upon your personal energy number (kua). just have to enter the birth details. It saved me the trouble of buying a big compass and always referring the book for interpreting a direction.

It made working with The Wisdom of Eight Directions (Level 1, Pg 28) very easy for me.
Though I still do not understand certain things this app mentions, like the "grand jupiter" bit in the screenshot below. But I hope all this will be clear as I progress to levels 2 & 3.

The app is available for android and iphone.

Hope you find it useful as well.

Links:

* Geomancy for Android

* Geomancy for iPhone

Screenshots:







Last edited by andante; 06/28/11 07:41 AM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 312
Member
Member

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 312
Hi andante,

I'll try this app smile. Thank you!

The Grand Duke Jupiter is mentioned in level 3. This direction changes every year.

Love,
Astrid

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
That is so cool, thanks for sharing!

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Learning Strategies
Member
Learning Strategies
Member

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
I've found that the android or iPhone doen't give as accurate a reading as the compass included in the deluxe course, but it's handy for a quick general facing direction reference when sitting down for a meeting in a local you aren't familiar with.

Some of the paid apps with a little more information concern me, as the phone's specific degree readings tend to be suspect.

Much Love,

Shawn


Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.146s Queries: 22 (0.064s) Memory: 2.9970 MB (Peak: 3.5950 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 15:31:53 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS