Depends on what you want. Sometimes you'll find that while the author is very informative, they don't specifically answer the question you seek, even if the title of the book implies that is what they will explain.

This is why I recommend before anyone gives up, try another book on the subject. If you're an avid reader in the traditional sense you've probably thought, why did I waste my time with this book, I didn't find what I expected it to tell me or the author didn't explain it do I understand.

General questions, ideal to get things rolling, to start activations. A good journalist usually has two or three general questions they ask the interviewee. For two reasons, to learn if the person is informative on the subject and two, to find better questions, based on their answers.

A poor Journalist has a list of questions and never deviates from them. This means they miss a lot of opportunities to explore deeper what other information the person has to share.

Now here is the real secret of success with PhotoReading.

The author is a person. And the reader is a journalist, anyone who reads something is looking to learn something from someone else. If they write a report on it they are seeking from all the information a person (author) is at that time able to provide on the subject they are looking to write an abbreviated version as they (the journalist) has uncovered it.

If you can put a face to the authors name and ask questions, yes some questions will seem to have been sidestepped or gone over the head. You get them later or asking the question again in a different way.

Alex