Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#8606 09/19/05 11:08 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Thanks you for sharing that.

I think it's great that you did because it goes to show we don't always need to consciously know what went wrong in the past that causes us to behave as we do.

I think that too often we get stuck on trying to figure out why we are the way we are. When the best thing can do is to keep our focus on our goal and remember to nurture our effort.

To me it like standing infront of a map and reading the "You ARE Here" when it's not where I want to be. Then spending a whole lot of time trying to find the way back to the place where we cam from (I obviously didn't think I needed a map back then ). It's not always necessary to the starting point. Looking at the sign I know where I am right now and it gives me a starting point for a different path to my destination. If anyone ask why I'm off course. "me off course???? Never! I'm just taking the scenic route (I just didn't know it would be so bumpy!)

Danielle and all,

A good time to use the Self-Esteem Supercharger is "after" facing a big challenge especially when you succeeded where you thought you would fail and even when you feel you fell short (you're still here so you couldn't have failed but you did learn something). It wasm't a fluke and Self-Esteem Supercharger can help you to own your success. Ever notice a day or so later we start feeling that "it was nothing " Or "I couldn't do that again."? We manage to talk ourselves out of our success. Self-Esteem Supercharger allows us to hold onto the self-esteem we built by facing the challenge.

Alex

#8607 09/20/05 04:35 PM

Hi Alex,

I also appreciate the feedback, and yes, I'll do a Self-Esteem Supercharger since the pattern of "ah shucks, it warn't nothin'" does sound a lot like me. It tends to go down and down: next comes "oh, anybody could do that" and then "it doesn't really matter" and finally, "why did I bother?" So thanks for the reminder....

I also liked your "You Are Here" analogy. Understanding seemingly pervasive anger as a veil, the circle becomes more useful rather than just a point of frustration. I'm a lot less angry than I was only a few days ago. (Speaking of descending rationalizations, I was thinking only this morning, "What if you're just in a good mood and there really hasn't been any change?" Dum-de-dum-dum--DAAA! Self-Esteem Supercharger is definitely in my future today.)

Thanks again,
Danielle

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved