Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
PhotoReading, Memory Optimizer Jump to new posts
Re: Subvocalizing Clarification JohnM 08/05/20 12:10 PM
I'll give it a shot.. Thanks much Patrick !!!!
4 56 Read More
Re: Subvocalizing Clarification Patrick O'Neil 08/04/20 04:10 PM
Yes. Try to create pictures (a movie) of what you are reading. And, don't expect to get rid of subvocalizing completely.
4 56 Read More
Re: Subvocalizing Clarification JohnM 08/04/20 04:43 AM
So basically I just notice the words on the page and avoid saying them in my head?
4 56 Read More
Re: Subvocalizing Clarification Patrick O'Neil 08/03/20 02:51 PM
HI! This may help. From the PhotoReading book:

Extremely fast readers are visual readers. They rely on a direct connection between the eye and the brain. They do not need to subvocalize—that is, mentally hear the words on the page—in order to comprehend written materials. Studies indicate that subvocalizing is not critical to comprehension. Subvocalizing every word guarantees you can never read faster than the sound of your own voice can speak (about 220 words a minute is tops). Experiment with breaking your personal “sound” barrier. To learn this system well, push your speed, trusting that comprehension will indeed catch up.

Patrick
4 56 Read More
Paraliminals, Paraliminal Resets, Paraliminal Walkabouts, Natural Brilliance, Sonic Access Jump to new posts
Re: Feedback on Sonic Access Goals rquacken 08/02/20 01:54 PM
Thank you, Wendy! I appreciate your feedback! smile
2 104 Read More
Subvocalizing Clarification JohnM 08/02/20 07:16 AM
I am trying to gain a better understanding of subvocalizing and how to eliminate it. For my clarification, is this where you say the words mentally as you read them? If so, how can you possibly stop that and actually be reading? For instance, when I rapid read, I still say the words mentally and even during rhythmic perusal. If I don't, I feel like I am just pointing at words on a page without even realizing what the words are. Any thoughts or help is appreciated.
4 56 Read More
Paraliminals, Paraliminal Resets, Paraliminal Walkabouts, Natural Brilliance, Sonic Access Jump to new posts
Re: Feedback on Sonic Access Goals Wendy_Greer 07/31/20 07:03 PM
Hi Rquacken!

You’ve made a great start!

That being said, I wonder if you could make them more personal, because what you’ve written could be applied to most people.

Jack Canfield often says that “It’s not the stuff that we want. It’s the way it would make us feel.” Tune into how it would feel to achieve each of your goals, and build some of the adjectives that come up into your goals statements.

When you do this, your goals become more dynamic and personal and you are more connected to them. It also activates two universal laws “Like attracts like” and “You get more of what you focus on.”

What you want to end up with is something that is exciting when you read it to yourself. It has that “zing” that makes your heart dance and/or your soul sing. Then ask yourself who you would need to be to make that outcome inevitable.

All the best to you on your journey!
Wendy Greer
2 104 Read More
Re: PhotoReading for Advance Study Wokalot 07/27/20 09:10 PM
Hi Drew,

I'm new to photo reading but am studying an MBA while working.

I've found the mindmapping exercises and postview "super reading" have really helped with recall and consolidation of information in a textbook I'd already read the old way.

I wish I'd used these techniques for my previous modules.

Cheers
1 368 Read More
Feedback on Sonic Access Goals rquacken 07/26/20 12:02 PM
Hello!

I was hoping to receive some feedback on my Sonic Access goals. I'm not sure if they are specific enough for optimal benefit.

Success: I have a successful career that fuels and excites my passions while providing a financial abundance that exceeds my financial needs. ((note - I am at a crossroads in my career and not quite sure what to do next - I work in the Banking industry and do not feel any real passion for the work that I do and I'd like to find my passions))

Health: I am experiencing peak health and wholeness with a sharp mind. ((I'd like to improve my memory and recall - I feel like I have the inability to "tell a story" during a conversation - if that makes any sense ))

Relationships: I have a strong supportive relationship with my wife and children anchored with respect and fun. (I'd like to connect with my children better)

Spiritual Growth: I have plenty of time to deeply meditate daily to strengthen my connection to Source. (I have trouble being motivated to meditate daily / or feel like I am "in the flow" when I do meditate.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!
2 104 Read More
Re: Affirmations/Afformations and SE Supercharger AffirmLive 07/22/20 07:03 AM
Hi,
I do have affirmations for myself it really has a better effect on me and I'm a better person than before. Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, originally meaning "to make steady, strengthen." Affirmations do indeed strengthen us. Here are some of the Affirmations for Success:

1 - "I can be successful in anything I do”
2 – “I will find the solutions to all my problems”
3 – “I am worthy”
4 – “I can control my reactions”
5 – “I can make a change”
6 – “I am improving”
7 – “I will be successful”
8 – “All my goals are achievable”
9 – “I will not compare my self to anyone”
10 – “There is no place for negativity inside me”
18 9,887 Read More
Re: Bisonnette article. Genji 07/18/20 10:06 PM
This might also be the article you were referring to! https://blog.learningstrategies.com/index.php/archives/1667
2 245 Read More
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved