Posted By: TheMoon (Image Streaming) Is my subconcious broken? - 08/12/07 04:27 AM
I've been image streaming for about two weeks now, and my thoughts end up becoming indescribably abstract. I'll start off with an image and that generally leads me on a hot-air balloon ride over oceans and deserts with pyramids. That's all well and good. But every time I try (and don't try), to image stream other things I just seem to image stream different strange shapes, colours, patterns and they constantly change and I just can't describe what I'm seeing...

Does anyone else have this problem? I've read and listened to the book and cd's several times and listened to the para-liminals dozens of times but it doesn't seem to help.

Any advice??

(PS. I've almost got lucid dreaming going on. It's pretty cool !)
When it comes to image streaming go with what you get. If you get weird stuff described that in as much detail as you can. At the end of it. You are aiming to decode what your mind is giving you for information. By discounting what you're getting your putting up blocks that will keep getting you more of the same. Go with the flow and see if you can decode it. As soon as you start decoding it the images will start changing.

Alex
Posted By: Unis Re: (Image Streaming) Is my subconcious broken? - 09/20/07 09:46 PM
Hi:

There is an assumption out there, particularly by those who produce these kinds of programs, that everyone is visual. This is NOT the case. Many people are more connected to the world by what they hear or touch or taste, than what they see. It doesn't mean that your subconscious is "broken" if you don't "see" images, it just means that you operate differently in the world.

When you want to "see" something in your minds eye, and perhaps not being visually oriented, begin with bringing up a feeling that would be associated with what you are attempting to "visualize" to get the image stream started. Many who seem to be less visual are actually quite good at it once they realize that they see things so quickly that they're not consciously aware of seeing them. By getting into the feelings, though, and hanging onto the feeling a bit longer, one can gradually slow those images down enough that they begin to be recognized as such. If you add in all the different modalities together - feel it, smell it, hear it, taste it even - it takes on a greater reality than just being a flat, faded mirage-type image that disappears like smoke with just a glimpse of it.

That's what makes the difference for many people when they are wanting to create better conditions for themselves and told they must be able to "see" it in their mind in order to manifest it. Use ALL of the facilities of your mind - not just your sight - and you'll get there even faster.

Cheers!

Unis
If you follow the Genius Code Course correctly you'll learn it's not only visual. It's Full Sensory, and you talk about your full sensory experience out loud You are expected to talk about what you hear, feel, smell, emotions and tactile senses. However because of the term Image Streaming some people seem to limit it to one of their senses, usually the one they already dominate in.

Alex
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement