Posted By: Deniz A New Exercise Your Might Like To Try - 12/31/08 04:26 PM
A great exercise that you might like to try if you like the "Borrowed Genius" technique is the following:

1) Pick a subject area that you have already PhotoRead and understood on a deep level. For example, a particular area in Physics, or even Physics itself. You MUST have already answered a lot of your questions about the subject before going onto Step 2.

2) PERSONIFY the subject area. What kind of "character" would you give this subject area? What kind of "person" would it be mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, linguistically? etc. What would he or she look like? You get the picture.

3) Use the "Borrowed Genius" technique and/or the "Advanced Civilization Tool Builder" technique WITH THE PERSONIFIED SUBJECT AREA.

This will be an opportunity for you to really advance and discover something new in that area by "having a conversation" with the subject area itself and/or identifying yourself AS the subject.

Fantastic, no? Crazy, no? Crazy but fantastic, yes? ;P

Happy New Year people!

\:\)
Posted By: Soto Re: A New Exercise Your Might Like To Try - 12/31/08 04:37 PM
Hi there, very nice post, :D, well pleasure to meet u, this technique looks pretty nice, i would like to improve it i have to start photoreading, as u describe i was curious about if this its possible with a subject like physics, very nice, as i i coment in other post i would like to know about ur experience in photoreading maybe we can talk mi emial its here:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=70078#Post70078
I don't understand why you limit it to you must have activated it. You can borrow the Genius of someone who has the skill before you activate.

AlexK
Posted By: Deniz Re: A New Exercise Your Might Like To Try - 01/26/09 07:50 PM
I don't see activation as a limit, it's just a way to get all of your answers down on paper so that you can transcend to a new paradigm completely.
Posted By: Jacktuff13 Re: A New Exercise Your Might Like To Try - 01/26/09 10:31 PM
Actually, Deniz and Alex, it can work both ways.

After activating, you'll have a few things to consciously get the ball rolling, so to say, and let the creative ideas take flow after that, during Borrowed Genius.

Or you can look at it from the other end of the spectrum, and say that keeping your conscious knowledge of the subject limited as much as possible, so as not to set an expectation and let the process be as creative as possible. Your unconscious mind already has the information, and so will know more so than the conscious mind what images to give during Borrowed Genius.

Try it both ways, with a few different subjects, see how it works.
That was exactly my point Jack. It doesn't have to be after you activated.

AlexK you can apply borrowed genius anytime and it doesn't even have to be connected to a particular book.

AlexK
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement