Posted By: whatthe222 Underwater breathing - 09/11/03 08:52 PM
Has anybody tried this method? What are your results?

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/12/03 02:34 PM
I was about to ask this question.

I'll start this October, 1h a day for 1 month and see if the results are permanent as is stated in Dr. Wenger's site.

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/12/03 06:07 PM
Read this.
http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/q.cgi?b7733176

Posted By: jonah Re: Underwater breathing - 09/12/03 06:33 PM
For those of us who do not swim or get out to a pool or creek, if we just hold our breath for 1H a day for 21-days is it possible to get the same I.Q. point jump aas the underwater swimmers?

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/13/03 12:49 PM
quote:
According to what I have read by Win, one needs to sit or swim at the bottom of the pool.Immersing one's face in the sink, say, won't trigger the body's powerfulresponses which occur when one is fully submerged.

Check this bulletin board:
http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/b/7733/index.cgi

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/13/03 02:01 PM
Consider this:

quote:
***Swimming laps underwater is incredibly dangerous because, it is very easy to blackout without any warning sign.

Sitting underwater is quite easy and relaxing.Don't push yourself, just build up gradually.

Everything I've posted can be found in that bulletin board. The method is explained on Dr. Wenger's site:
http://www.winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran.htm

Be safe and read everything before trying this out.

Other than that, enjoy the process!

Posted By: jonah Re: Underwater breathing - 09/13/03 03:01 PM
Thanks

Posted By: bennypr2002 Re: Underwater breathing - 09/16/03 08:23 PM
I read everything i could find on under water breathing, and decided that i will start 2marrow the 3 week 1 hour under water a day intensive training. One question that i have : When under water are you reccommended to swim at the bottom or just sit on the pool floor? Also anybody else willing to start tommarow please e-mail me letting me know, so we can share our expiriences throught out the 3 weeks? Thanks in advance for all replies.

-Benny

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/17/03 12:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bennypr2002:
When under water are you reccommended to swim at the bottom or just sit on the pool floor? Also anybody else willing to start tommarow please e-mail me letting me know, so we can share our expiriences throught out the 3 weeks?
-Benny

Dr. Wenger's recommendations are:

* Stay still, or move slighty, doing laps IS DANGEROUS.
* You've to be at least 1 meter/3 feet below the surface
* It's 1h under the water, not counting the time you'll need to recover over the surface. So if you can hold your breath for 1min, you'll have to do 60 repetitions.

Keep us informed on your progress, I'll start
in 3 weeks.
Bye

Posted By: bennypr2002 Re: Underwater breathing - 09/17/03 04:23 PM
One more question, Is there a recommended temparature the water should be because i know, when i went into water today it was pretty damn cold. I could not hold my breath nearly as long as i would have been able to in warm water??

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/18/03 05:04 AM
It's not good to be in such a condition for 1h, you'll be losing energy and you could get ill. 1h fighting to keep your body heat isn't going to be good for your health.

I'm sure it has to do with your schelude, as you said you go to the pool very early in the morning, and at least here, they plug off the heaters every day when closing, so the water will lose heat over the night. Consider changing your schedule, because you'll face this every day.

Personally, I'd be sure to stay near a warm water outlet.

Posted By: bennypr2002 Re: Underwater breathing - 09/18/03 05:32 AM
You are right, about not being able to take it, I could only stay in there for 20 min underwater time, cause after that all i could think about is getting warmth. I think i will start to do it in a jacuzzi set to about 85 degrees. One more question, i know in the jacuzzi i will be able to get my head 3 feet under water, is it advised for your whole body to be 3 ft under or is the head really the important part? Also thank you very much Rogin for answering all my questions, gretly appreiate it.

-Benny

Posted By: Rogin Re: Underwater breathing - 09/18/03 11:43 AM
quote:
According to what I have read by Win, one needs to sit or swim at the bottom of the pool.Immersing one's face in the sink, say, won't trigger the body's powerfulresponses which occur when one is fully submerged.

I posted this a few messages up here. Since your head is on top of your body, it's right to assume that your whole body must be immersed. Also because you function as a whole, I assume the water pressure should be the same in every part of your body.

You can't chop off your head and then put it back on your body, right?
The only way to have your head depper than your body would be by raising your feet, that would provoke two bad things:

1) Water will enter your nose more easily, unless you use a nose-peg.
2) Blood will concentrate in your head, I don't know much about anatomy, but you don't want to do that for a straight hour.

So don't do it.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement