Posted By: mgrego2 Visualization/Image Streaming - 05/28/02 10:32 PM
I'm wondering how varied people's experiences are with respect to image streaming (understanding that this is a subjective thing that should really not be compared).

If you are so inclined, could you answer these questions?
1. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being "no clear image, just a sense of what is going on" and 5 being "digital cable," my images are...
2. With respect to sound: a. I naturally hear sounds b. I can make myself hear sounds c. I pretend I hear sounds d. Huh?
3. With respect to feeling: a. I feel internal sensations b. I can feel external sensations c. I pretend to feel things d. I feel nothing
4. With respect to smell: a. I naturally smell things within the experience b. I can make myself smell things in the experience c. I pretend to smell things d. I smell only myself
5. With respect to taste: a. I naturally taste things within the experience. b. I can make myself taste things in the experience c. I pretend to taste things d. Nuh-huh
6. When you see the images, are they: a. out in front of you b. behind your eyelids c. somewhere else in your head (if so, where?)
7. When image streaming, I am usually: a. an active participant b. an observer.

Thanks to anyone willing to respond.

Posted By: Margaret Re: Visualization/Image Streaming - 05/29/02 02:08 AM
Mgrego

1) I have the full range of just a sense of what's going on >>> digital. It's not consistent for me.

2) Don't hear sounds all the time. But if i ask myself what i'm hearing, it often comes naturally.

3) Definitely feel stuff... (A)

4. Have been working on smell to get it more tuned up for me. Been walking around smelling stuff alot and then recalling it. So, it's been an area of practice for me. Lillies of the Valley are in bloom & i've smelled them alot lately. NOTE: Anna Wise has a good recording on all our senses in her tapes: The High Performance Mind. Like: Now you've just come up from the beach and you are brushing off the sand from your legs. Things like that. It's a nice tape to even listen to on the way to work. Or you could make up your own. Involving all our senses takes some practice.

5) I can taste stuff if i question myself. It doesn't come up naturally for me.

6) Because of Silva, my images are out in front of me. All his visualizations are on a screen out in front of us. I have an enormous screen stretching across a river & hooked onto 2 mountains I like being outdoors w/ my screen. Beautiful sunsets!

7) Do you mean: Do i start w/ describing stuff and then suddenly the images start to just pop up like on a movie screen? If this is what you mean, then i have both types. Sometimes i'm just describing all the time. When i go back to listen to the tape recorder, i'm often amazed at some of the stuff that's there. I have had times when the scene really seems to take on a life of it's own.

I am now working on Robert Moss' Dream Gates. He's a man from Australia w/ shaman experiences.

Good luck w/ your survey
How's your image streaming coming?

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Visualization/Image Streaming - 05/29/02 02:48 AM
Thanks, Margaret. Actually, question 6's "in front of you" was added at the last minute when I realized that is probably where YOU see them (because of Silva).

I suppose I should answer also:

1. Varies between 1-3. Occasional odd glimpses of 5 (almost like there is a tear in the screen and the digital stuff is peaking through...very encouraging)

2. Mixed bag. I do occasionally get sounds spontaneously. More often than not, I think of a sound that would be appropriate and hear an echo of it.

3. Some internal sensations. External sensations are 'pretend.'

4. Nothing spontaneous. With concentration, I can get a faint sense of certain strong smells (the ocean, vanilla, ozone...)

5. D

6. Somewhere in my head but I haven't pinpointed it exactly.

7. Almost always b, with some interaction. The question was: are you IN the scene or WATCHING the scene? For some reason, the nlp term is completely escaping me at the moment.

The travel schedule has become so hectic that it's fallen back again. When I was doing it every day, it was going very well. I've also been trying to incorporate some of Marcia Emery's exercises. At your suggestion, I ordered Day's Practical Intuition at Half.com ($1.50).

[This message has been edited by mgrego2 (edited May 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by mgrego2 (edited May 28, 2002).]

Posted By: gandalf Re: Visualization/Image Streaming - 06/18/02 10:01 AM
Image Streaming
(1)
3 When i image stream it'll sometimes
b fuzzy but then after a while i'll
get quite realistic pictures,
but they aren't yet "there" in 3D.
(2)
a-b During the image streaming runs,
i can discern different sounds being made
and sometimes things being said,but
not very clearly.
(3)
Do you mean emotions or or body
sensations?
If the latter a otherwise c
(4)
c
I can't really smell many things in an
imagestream, on occasion though
i get clear smells, like perfume.
(5)
b
Often there is a taste, which is fairly
clear.
(6)
a
Out in front of me, not on a screen though,
even though i done some Silva Stuff.
(7)
Depends what you mean by active participant,
if you mean that i query things in the
image stream to their meaning in the scene,
then a, else b.

interesting questionaire
mgrego2

cheers,

Dom

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement