Posted By: uniquesoul Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/25/08 10:10 AM
I am not Feng Shui expert at all. However, I like to mention that
you should be aware that if you live in the southern hemisphere (Australia, South Africa, South America, etc), some Feng Shui features are reversed. So you cannot apply the traditional Feng Shui, which was born in China, to countries of the southern hemisphere. It's OK for people living in North America, Europe, India, China, Japan, etc. to use the original Feng Shui.

There is book which helps with this: Feng Shui for the Southern Hemisphere by Hermann von Essen. I live in Australia and bought it here.
Posted By: KWLee Re: Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/25/08 05:34 PM
My work with my own clients and those of my colleagues who regularly take on clients in Sydney seem to indicate that no adjustment is necessary for Australia. What works up here appears to work "down under" just fine.

My usual response to clients who talk to me about the southern hemisphere theory: I'll change the way I do it when the luo pan needle points in the opposite direction. \:\)

If the earth does not see fit to change the magnetic aspects of qi in the south, I see no reason to think myself smarter.
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/26/08 12:52 PM
How do you account for the location of the sun? In the northern hemisphere it is in the south, but in the southern hemisphere it is in the north.
Posted By: KWLee Re: Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/26/08 07:13 PM
What does the sun have to do with it?
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/27/08 05:52 AM
The fire sign in the ba-gua is to the South in China, but to the North in the southern hemisphere.
Posted By: KWLee Re: Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/27/08 07:22 AM
Personally, the bagua is a map of energies running through the earth. While they may be affected by astral bodies, their location is determined by the energy flux of the earth. That's why I still go for the magnetic view point. You're entitled to yours, of course. \:\) I have no problem at all with you using what works for you.

I'm just more interested in results than theory. If I followed every theory to come out of Chinese Feng Shui (and I assure you there is one born every day) Feng Shui would be a mess. The history of Feng Shui is not one of information, nor of benevolence, but of serious misinformation in an attempt to get an edge over rivals and imperial suppression as well. You are attracted to what's right for you at the moment, so I do not feel the theories are wasted. They just work for different people. It took me eight masters (including at least one who pushes the southern atmosphere thing) before I found what works for me. My philosophy with this is: If it works, I'll use it. That southern hemisphere thing just hasn't done it for me. To this day, it makes no sense to me even on a theoretical level - if we were truly mapping the location of the sun, arguably the greatest yang energy you would find on earth, the enhancer for wherever it is would be a parasol.
Posted By: uniquesoul Re: Feng Shui in the Southern Hemisphere - 04/29/08 07:42 AM
Thank you for your views. I agree that we should all follow our instict and find out what's best for each of us.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement