Posted By: mochadia Bed position - we need help - 03/19/12 03:56 PM

I am trying to find the best position to place the bed in our master bedroom for my husband and I. This bed will be placed here for the next year as we begin planning to renovate the room to make the space larger.

My husband and I are both West people and we live in a historic house. This mean that there is a door or window on every wall and the rooms are small. We currently have a queen-sized bed.

The room is located on the Northwest side of the house, directly above the front door, which faces West. On the south side of the room, we have a closet who's door is directly in the middle of the wall and there is no possible way for us to put the bed here to have us facing north. There is a window in the middle of the west wall, which would have us facing east (a bad direction for us) and directly into the entry door to the room. We currently placed the wall on the north wall, which has us facing south, another bad direction for us, which places us directly in front of the closet door and our headboard is directly in front of the window on this wall. The east wall, which would have us facing West, our best direction, has the entry door and does not have enough room to fit the headboard.

I realize that there is no great solution to our problem with the headboard. However, my husband currently likes where the position of the bed and would like to keep it there for the time being, facing our worst direction. I am planning on hanging thick curtains infront of the window behind our headboard. Are there any cures that we can use to help with us facing our bad direction and being right infront of the closet door? I am still trying to get through the beginning course and haven't gotten that far.

Really any advice would be greatful.

Thank you for the help and sorry for the long post,I just wanted those that can help to have as much information as possible.
Posted By: redfrog Re: Bed position - we need help - 10/09/12 01:43 AM
Hi Mochadia,
I see there were no replies to your post. I have a similar dilemma with the position of or bed- we're both West people + the head of our bed is east. My husband doesn't want to move it because our bed would be in a ridiculous angle in the room + we'd have to constantly move around it.
What have you done to correct your situation?
thanks!
Terry
Posted By: yubong Re: Bed position - we need help - 10/18/12 02:00 PM
Hi both ma'am. I'm not sure what do you mean when you say, "facing" your bad direction. Is your head pointing towards the bad direction or your eyes are seeing your bad direction?

When it comes to sleeping, it is always the head pointing towards your best direction. What you see in front of your eyes not necessarily your worst direction but the objects of flowing Qi which means "mirror" and/or "bedroom door". You were saying you are facing (seeing?) your closet door but just make sure your closet is closed and without reflecting glass.

I realized both of you have hard times convincing your husbands to co-operate with feng shui. May i suggests you activate your spiritual growth area according to the element of the compass directions (Mother Mary or Kuan Yi for Southwest etc.) and/or put your feng shui course manual there with the intention having people work with your feng shui movement. You can also activate collaboration by hanging you and your husband picture in your relationship direction with the intention for working on towards mutual feng shui collaboration. I did that and my family is starting to be open about Feng Shui and very cooperative with decluttering and moving flow of Qi.

My head too pointing my disease direction when sleeping but that is the only way for small room at least i can see people coming to my room. I may want to look for cure of me pointing towards the south (my disease direction) but i also activated my health directions and are open for healthy food and supplement to balance my head pointing south.

i salute the Wholeness in you,
yubong

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement